Sunday 5 February 2012

Why my hobby is the best: Reason #1

It is a great way to pass the time while waiting in a hospital.

We were away at an indoor soccer tournament this past weekend. During last night's evening game, one of the girls on our team had a random allergic reaction so the ambulance took her to the hospital to treat the anaphylaxis. Glen and I followed her to the hospital and waited around to see if she was stabilized. While we were in the waiting room, I overheard a conversation where someone said, "I wonder that people did in hospitals before cellphones came around."

I just so happened to have a project with me, so I pulled it out of my bag and began to knit. I also pretended to be oblivious to the chatter across the room about how brilliant it was to knit at the hospital!

And that is why my hobby rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment