Wednesday 1 February 2012

Selfish Knitting

Just over one month ago, I was busy busy busy with knitting Christmas gifts for my family.  While knitting for others is a lot of good fun, I have no shame in admitting that I very much enjoy knitting for myself.  As part of my Christmas present, Glen bought be a new white jacket.  So, of course, I had to knit a new scarf to complete the outfit!


This was a pretty quick knit.  I used almost two skeins of Bernat Roving in the colour Low Tide.  I purchased it at Michael's on Boxing Day, so cheap yarn + 40% off sale = one happy knitter.  I knit it in the round using seed stitch, so that was a nice brainless project.  Next time I am in the city, I hope that I will remember to buy more of this yarn.  The soft and pale green is really growing on me.


My green cowl reminds me of the Marian Cowl.  I knit it for a friend last year.  But the resemblance is mostly because they are both in seed stitch.  The Marian Cowl actually has an internal twist in it.  Sort of like a Mobius strip, but not quite. For the Marian Cowl, I used the same yarn as the designer:  Twinkle Handknits Soft Chunky in French Grey.


Coming Soon:  I have been working on a rose-coloured cabled slouchy toque.  And I even used real yarn this time....Debbie Bliss.  I purchased it in Vancouver at Urban Yarns last spring and it is about time that I used it!

No comments:

Post a Comment