Monday 23 April 2012

{finished} Candle Flame Beret

I was a little slow with knitting this one, but it's finally finished!  I was so excited, I took a photo in the car right away while we were driving back from Lethbridge.


Candle Flame 02

Here it is after some gentle blocking to get a little more of a slouchy fit.


Candle Flame 03

Candle Flame 05


Candle Flame Slouchy Hat  
by Sisse Holstrup

Mods:  For the brim I did 14 rows of a k1, p1 rib.  Started with 80 stitches and then increased to 128, like the pattern suggested.  I think that because of my shorter brim, my project ended up taking up just one skein of Cascade 220 Superwash, but if I had done the folded brim, I would have needed to use up a little bit of yarn on a second skein.

Raveled here =)


Candle Flame 04

This cozy beret is ready to be shipped to the West Coast for a dear friend of mine ;)

And now...on to another project with this new cushy yarn that I purchased off of the Quince & Co. website!  Hopefully my winding goes a little better this time...


Avery yarn 01



3 comments: