Monday 30 April 2012

{preview} Avery

Apparently my usual knitting spot these days is in the car during what seems to be our routine weekend road trips to our parents' city.  But this might change soon...we have been looking at houses to buy...and I have been dreaming about cozy window seats where I can sit in the warmth of the Southern Alberta sun and do my yarn thing...one day hopefully!

Here is my Avery cowl so far...

Avery 01

One of my favourite knitting moments is about halfway through the first pattern repeat where you can start to see your work resemble to the pattern's design.  That is about the point I was at in this pattern when I took the photo.

I sometimes find it frustrating to knit scarves and cowls in the round (versus flat on straight needles) because it takes what feels like forever to see your project come to life.  But, once I reach this particular point I finally started to get excited!  And now I cannot wait to wear it!

Avery 02

I do realize that it probably seems like the wrong season to be knitting a wool scarf.  But hey, my workplace is air conditioned and I think it's colder in there now than it was through the winter months!

Avery 03



No comments:

Post a Comment