Sunday 8 January 2012

A little school spirit

For Christmas 2010, I knit this neck warmer for my little brother:

He loved it and it was perfect for his lifestyle because as an avid golfer, he goes to the driving range throughout the winter despite the cold weather.  This past Christmas, when my family was opening their hand knit gifts from me, my brother suddenly started to apologize to me for losing his neck warmer.  But suddenly, my mother piped in and admitted that she accidentally broke it, felt guilty, and tossed it!  We all broke out in hysteric laughter because my brother felt relieved that he didn't lose his precious gift and mortified that he had been kept in the dark.  Anyways, not to worry, he asked me for a new one.  

My (not so little) brother asked me to knit him a new neck warmer similar to his first one, but in his high school's colours:  royal blue and orange!  He even accompanied me to the store to pick out the yarn for his project.  

Here is a sneak peek of the project so far.  I plan on finishing it during my lunch breaks at work this week so that I can send it back to him asap!

No comments:

Post a Comment