Tuesday 31 January 2012

Catching Up

It has been a while since I posted.  I have a couple of reasons:  (1) The internet connection in my dorm room is terrible/usually non-existent; (2) my hubby and I have been busy with packing up our belongings to move to a new (awesome) place!  (goodbye, dorm room!!)

I took a really long time to finish knitting my brother's neck warmer because I am currently obsessed with knitting cables right now!  I just learned how to a couple of months ago.  I started to knit a chunky cabled cowl for my sister.  I made a royal blue one for her in more or less the same pattern for Christmas.  But, being the fashionista that she is, she insisted that a neutral coloured one would also be a necessity.  I have been bugging her to e-mail me a photo of the blue cowl, but as of right now I only have a photo of it on the needles (right before I ran out of yarn...) and of myself wearing the oatmeal one.

I cannot wait to move back to city life...where I won't have to wait
one week to buy more yarn when I suddenly run out!

Cabled cowl 2.0 on the needles


Also...I am thinking about making a pattern for these cowls.  I am still trying to figure out the sizing, i.e. how high the cowl can go without being too high and folding over, what the spacing should be between the cables, how I should bind off.  So once I figure that out...maybe I will make a real pattern and post it to Ravelry to share.  For those of you who have not heard of Ravelry before...better get on it.  It's like facebook for knitters and crocheters...but better =)




  

No comments:

Post a Comment